Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen worktop problem
In message , The Medway Handyman writes Just heading towards this job... so what sealant should I use?
5
5

OT: methylated spitits
does the typo in your swub line basically say it all.. Not been emulating the less than recommended use I hope. Brian
10
10

One of Fred Dibnahs
Not one I do not remember seeing before? So its one you do remember seeing before then, or is my binary screwed due to me not being awake yet. Brian
20
20

Simple washing machine waste query
I want to put my washing machine into my new utility room and have a query = about how to fit the waste pipe. Normally, I would just buy a standpipe with a u-bend and fit that to the ex= isting...
8
8

BRK 670MBX smoke alarms
I have two 670mbx smoke alarms interlinked. I have just returned to the property and noticed one had been removed. After checking the expiry dates I decided to purchase two new units. Both units work...
1
1

Draper Expert
Anyone had experience of the Draper Expert hollow chisels? I'm not talking = about the cheap Draper sets but the Draper Expert versions. Have a cheap set but it is too tedious to uses. The couple of...
1
1

Builders Pal? A bunch of c unt s
>(see Monetize this, you fu ckers. http://twitter.com/builders_palAhah.

Stopping water penetration into sectional garage from base
What is the best way and product, if indeed it is practical, to stop water ingress from between a garage concrete base and a sectional garage. My daughter's garage is almost a swimming pool, yet items...
16
16

Happy New Year!
To one & all.
10
10

Re: diy-forum.net steal content
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:55:06 +0000, Howard Neil wrote:
1
1

Save £50 million on chiller power
The new chilling devices often use the heat from the chillers to heat the building. So it's not entirely wasted. But a closed chest type (top lid) is going to be more efficient. A lot of the problem...
12
12

What was the best tool acquired in 2012?
Little Giant ladder: heavy - but brilliantly made and well thought out in every detail, totally stable, and very flexible in usage. On the same note, plasterboard lift: designed by an idiot, badly...
31
31

Cat scratching post/board?
> :-) ] > which seems to be a board which attaches to a corner - this looks Good luck mate. A cat does what it wants to do most of the time. I have to decide if one of mine will be soon be put down...
11
11

Cable-tidy wire?
[snip] And bizarrely, I've just received another identically-worded message from an entirely different Chinese seller, for an entirely different item! Just googled; and the wording crops up all over...
29
29

Best vaccuum cleaner, £200
Why do Dyson design everything to look like a space ship? Bit like Hitachi power tools - everything looks like a ray gun.
40
40