Subject Author Posted Replies

8kw heat conversion to centigrade
25

CH joint leak
I have a slow leak from a joint in a CH pipe (about one drop every minute or two). I tried Plumber's Mait (a cheap version a few months ago, the real thing just now), it still leaks! Any other easy...
9
9

Help with switch (electrics)
I noticed a `fishy`smell when shower was being used. I checked the isolator switch outside the bathroom and it was hot so have now switched off at the main electric box. I have opened up the switch...
12
12

Invisible fixings for removable wall panel: suggestions welcomed
I'm constructing a projection screen which will be semi-permanently mounted: a timber frame fixed to the wall, with a front panel which must be capable of being removed, not often but occasionally....
86
86

Flush timeswitch
Does anyone know of a timeswitch >=13A with boost override that sits flush like other accessories (10mm or so out from surface). The smallest I can find are by TimeGuard but they are not what I would...
16
16

Bleeding radiators and jet engines
Quite. Whoever messes around with jars and so on?
19
19

Derating cable passing across insulated cavity
If I pass a cable across (in one side out the other, not running inside) a cavity wall filled with pumped in cavity wall insulation, do I have to derate the cable as though its entire length were...
9
9

Ebay Component tester
About three weeks ago Dave P was talking about a cheap ESR/component tester board which prompted me to buy one. It's just turned up (from HK) and I'm quite impressed, for the price. Thanks for the...
20
20

Possible blockage for one (or more) radiators - how safe is this?
One of our radiators singularly fails to heat up. The pipe to it is appropr= iately hot, but the rad never gets anything more than tepid. I've tried a = bit of balancing (trial and error rather than...
7
7

HO5VV-F or HO5RR-F cable?
Hi all, Am fitting an induction hob and the instructions suggest HO5RR-F (2.5mm?) cable (rubber sheath) but the local sheds seem to have only HO5VV-F As I understand it the available cable (which I've...
8
8

Potterton EM2001 timmer
The heating is working but I can't the hot water to swicht on . It was working until 3 power cuts in 3 days!

How to get rid of ciggy/nicotine smell on PC compnent?
Got a video card off fleabay, but it's come from a heavy smoker. Sticky with nicotine and stinks. I know if I put it in the PC the air flowing through the case propelled by the fans will stink out the...
40
40

Wind turbines (again ...)
En el artículo , Arfa Daily escribió: Not much. You also have to factor in the cost of the infrastructure needed to connect wind farms to the grid, since by their very nature, they're sited in...
19
19

EU: even less in common with them than I thought
and it's not just Iceland, Denmark, and Germany where they have these ludicrous rules. The French have them too.
37
37

Weatherproof Boxes
B&Q sell them, or they used to.