Things to consider when buying a new up and over garage door?

I'm in Milton Keynes. I need a new up and over door and mechanism renewing to a standard garage, plus the timber each side, which have rotted away at the bottom. What things do I need to consider when firms quote me for the work (I'm nearly 70 so can't do it myself). Can anyone give me a ball park figure before I start contacting firms? Once it's fitted, I can paint it.
On 31/08/2013 09:09, goodolpete wrote:

This ad often pops up

On 31/08/2013 09:09, goodolpete wrote:

Have you considered a sectional door instead? Easy to draught-proof, insulate, and motorise, and easier to open from the inside. I'm pleased with the usability of one I installed.
--
Kevin

Thanks for your replies. I got a quote from a local glazing company of £1100 and another from a husband and wife garage door company of £680, both for steel up and under with 4 locking points. The latter is being delivered in a month's time.