Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Displaying Digital Photos in Correct Orientation
I know it's OT but I've posted this on but there doesn't seem to be much activity there, so thought someone here might have some ideas! On my PC I have a library, organised as a set of structured...
2
2

Help to diassemble sink tap
Trying to replace the washer but having problems getting the tap apart. I have managed to get the handle off but now need to get the cover (as indicated in the pic) off. I have tried screwing and also...
13
13

Tigerloop to save wear and tear on pump?
Hi All, I have contacted a few companies to get quotes for replacing our oil tank ( i'd have liked to DIY, but there are too many other projects demanding my i mmediate attention), and one of the...
7
7

Fan speed
I'd like to know/measure the speed (rpm) of a small electric 3 blade fan. Any easy ideas?
14
14

Yuk - maggots in the bin
Thanks to the modern idea that our half sized bin only needs emptying every fortnight I now have a full on maggot farm... Gross little bastards. Just gave the bin top and lid a spray with strong...
29
29

Victorian house - loft timbers strong enough for loft floor on their own?
A friend of mine is looking at buying a two bed terrace house in Wales whic h I suspect was built in about 1890. It?s got a ?loft conversion? in which the loft space has been boarded and plastered,...
19
19

NTSC video tape
I need to convert a single Video Tape to a DV file for editing. I have a Panasonic NV-HS800B SVHS ... which I was convinced was what I used to play NTSC tapes previously .... but it will not play nay...
26
26

B&Q prices
Ran out of 1" x 8 twinthread pozi screws today, so I popped into B&Q on the way home. 2 packs of 100 came to £5.76 at the checkout, so I presented my Tradepoint Card, expecting a big discount. It...
61
61

Toilet waste pipe seal renewal
The seal on a toilet waste needs renewing. Assuming I can remove the pan intact, I presumably just need a pan connector. It seems to be a straight fit into the pipe. Would I just buy one of these? In...
3
3

Freezer excessively on
I defrosted the freezer last week and now the compressor seems to be running nearly, but not, all the time. I say "seems" because I'm not encouraged to be in the kitchen that much and my wife says...
26
26

Questions on water supply & waste for washing machine & dishwasher
I need to rearrange some of the plumbing under the kitchen worktop so I can push the appliances back further in the slots, & I have a few random questions about the input & output. We have a...
10
10

What is a cost effective way to "extend" a concrete pad?
Hi All, It's heating oil tank replacement time, and the current tank sits on quite a small (but brick barn like)pad (1400mm x 1400mm) if we wanted to go for a tank with a longer footprint (say 1600 or...
1
1

OT New hope.
There's hope for some here yet. Miniature "human brains" have been grown in a lab in a feat scientists hope will transform the understanding of neurological disorders.

lead free plumbing solder
Hi, Has anyone used tool station's lead free (plumbing) solder? I previously used the Fernox brand from screwfix but I see there is a price difference of a few pounds. I don't mind paying more for the...
7
7

Charities (OT)
I am so pissed off with charities such as "Shelter", RSPCA" sending attractive student types asking me to sign up with a direct debit for their cause. It really is having a negative affect on my view...
78
78