Blue key fobs for Transit

Does anyone know anything about these? How are they powered?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

As far as I know, there's a transmitter near the ignition key hole, they have a standard RFID chip in them, and so are powered by the RF.

I could, of course, be totally wrong..

Reply to
John Williamson

They must have a battery as well for remote locking.

Reply to
Fredxxx

According to

they are "a waterproof, sealed unit that uses inductive charging whilst the key is in the ignition and the ignition is switched on".

Reply to
David

Just like my electric toothbrush, except for the 'ignition' part.

Reply to
Davey

Yes, it turns out that the reason mine wouldn't work was that the van hadn't been used for a while. A short spin down to the village and back restored it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You keep an electric toothbrush in your van?

Reply to
Davey

Electric toothbrush, packet of three, and KY jelly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Electric toothbrush, packet of three, and KY jelly.

You were doing alright until the last item....

You *are* AW's dad and I claim my £5

Reply to
Nthkentman

I was in a taxi once in Buenos Aires that had a packet of three hanging from the mirror in case a passenger was in dire need while caught, er, long ....

Reply to
Davey