vinyl composite tile floors - glue dry time?

Hi all,

I've got a few thousand square feet of vinyl composite floor tile to chuck down... JOOI does anyone know typical figures for time needed before the tiles can be walked on, before they can stand heavier traffic (e.g. hefty wooden cabinets), and before they can withstand moisture (such as mopping)?

I'm currently looking at a couple of sources of glue; one just says to leave the glue for a minimum of 24hrs (with a vague "drying time varies") before subjecting the tiles to moisture, while the other says 24hrs for foot traffic, 48hrs for heavy traffic, 4 days before light cleaning, and a whopping 30 days before mopping. With the latter, I think I can organise the logistics of keeping stuff off it for 48hrs, and not having it cleaned at all for 4 days, but I'm not sure that the 30 days before it can be mopped is workable; the site's subject to quite heavy foot traffic.

(good to see some familiar names here still, I've not had time for usenet for many months!)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson