Glasses Neck cords

The arms on my specs are fairly uniform in cross section. When I use a traditional neck cord it tend to slip off the arms. If I use sports neck cord , the arms are attached to the cord using a neoprene sleeve with the cord ( with a boot lace end fitting ) pushed one end of the sleeve and the arm of the specs in the other, this again relies on friction and again tends to fail with the cord pulling out of the neoprene

Anyone know of a better solution ? The right sort of glue in the sleeve perhaps ?.

Chris

Reply to
christopher

I have some where there is a small rubber block, with a slit in it, that pushes over the arm. The cord is attached to a hole in that. A bit more obtrusive but works well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Different frames? I have a pair designed for sports use that come with their own strap and a quick, easy and secure attachment built in.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk writes

Double loop the original flexi attachment? I think my neck cord came from Specsavers and has a stretchy plastic bit to go over the frame arms. When this overstretches, I just loop it twice over the arm.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Duct Tape

You may have a bit of difficulty removing them though...

Reply to
David P

Thank you kind Sir, that works a treat

Chris