Subject Author Posted Replies

Tool chests
Following Dave "patronising" Plowman's comment on my lack of imperial spanners, it occurred to me that I must have some, since as he so charmingly pointed out, I've been working on old cars for years....
15
15

Feeling Smug!
I have just replaced a couple of tap washers. I am feeling really smug about it as the taps came apart so easily as I had greased the threads in a nurdy moment when I had first bought the house new in...
20
20

Dismantling Bath/Shower diverter tap
This is a "how the f*** does that come apart" question :) Its like this one, except mine is goldplated Problem is that something is stuck so I can only get bath water out of it, no flow from the...
4
4

tumble dryer motor rating?
Hi all, Any idea of the typical rating for a tumble dryer motor (early 1980's, if it makes a difference)? I just got hold of an old Rockwell 10" bandsaw, minus its motor. Far as I can find out, the...
1
1

Lamp holder for marine environment
Is there an E27 lamp holder that works better in a marine environment? It is for the terrace in a house near the sea. The current lamp holders and bulbs get rusty fast. Are there any E27 lamps with...
6
6

free screwfix tool tray
Has everyone got their free Stanley tool tray from screwfix ? I went to Toolstation first, queue up to the door. Then went round the corner to screwfix to get my free tool tray - place was empty. She...
7
7

Underfloor heating in a new extension
Dear All, Any advice or comments on the following plan? I want to build extensions to the kitchen and dining room parts of a linked kitchen-diner. I am contemplating having under-floor heating in the...
3
3

Stand alone baths ?
No, not the ones in the middle of the room but the ones close to the wall, usually in a corner. Having spent a couple of decades perfecting the art of sealing a bath to the wall, before tiling down...
10
10

What's it called - Lighting flex fixing
I'm looking for a ceiling fixing that can be used to move the mounting point for a pendant lamp on a long cable without moving the ceiling rose. From memory these were available as a small plate fixed...
14
14

45 degree elbow for shower head - where to source
Just installed a nice chrome finish shower mixer, hose and head. Feeling pleased with myself ... Too soon! Problem is I can't get the shower to point where I want it to, even though it's adjustable....
13
13

Title of Filme Noire: Platinum Heist
Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years. It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the...
16
16

Apprentices and charity work
Well the new apprentice does charity work. And not any old voluntary charity work - he has paid to take a course to be allowed to do this work. Does anyone else find this impressive?
233
233

make $40 - $50 per hour
Now everyone can make $40 - $50 minimum per hour. for more information and details kindly check our website and read the instructions: Gewerbefläche zu vermieten

OT tablet recommendations please
Medium tablet shopping:-D Photos, vids (prob not movies I think), web browsing, emails. Stuff I do on my phone really but wiv a bigger screen innit? Tell me what to look for /buy please! Tia Jim K
12
12

A new impossible problem
I need to clean and repaint the back wall of the house. The wall is about 4 metres high and 2 metres off the ground. It's 6 metres wide. Below the wall is clear plastic roofing that cannot be walked...
36
36