Subject Author Posted Replies

Storm preparation...
Just spent half hour outside clipping off this years long shoots from the rose which climbs (or rather, is clipped) up the front of the house, in the hope it stays clipped there during the storm.
66
66

Re: Robots & Signals for Forex AutoTrading
Just watch it thats all, getback into your spm hole.
1
1

Alternatives to Fellowes Air Duster?
I bought a can yesterday to blow out my Philishave razor after each use, as I never liked the idea of running it under the tap. Too messy. But when I got the can home I realised that it contains all...
19
19

Cloudy headlamps
Has anyone found a successful way to polish out the 'haze' on plastic headlights? There are lots of suggestions involving elbow-grease and toothpast on YouTube, but I tried that and it may have made a...
24
24

Random electrical musing - flex as fixed wiring?
When I redid the CH/HW controls and wiring recently I ran heat resistant flex (1x5 core and 1 x 3 core) from the airing cupboard down to the wiring centre by the boiler. a run of about 12m . It did...
13
13

Remote webcam - what's it called ?
HI Folks It'd be handy to have a webcam in the shop (mostly to keep an eye on the back yard where the river overflows from time to time and inundates the shop) - which could connect over the wi-fi or...
8
8

Tumble dryers
I see things have moved on since we last purchased a tumble dryer! Any comments on condenser type performance/noise/reliability? What happens to the condensate? Is it gravity or pumped to drain?
30
30

Best cordless phone set?
The base phone in my Panasonic KX-TG1313JT set of 3 cordless phones was damaged by lightning in a recent thunderstorm (in Italy). I'm looking for a new set of cordless phones with the following...
7
7

Stranded T&E
JOOI when did stranded 2.5mm T&E change to solid core & why?
9
9

Under cabinet LEDs fed by low voltage
I'm looking at a possible design for kitchen under-cabinet lights where the wiring (daisy chaining from cabinet to cabinet) is low voltage. In other words, have one transformer at the 'supply end'...
10
10

Oven temps
Wifey is beginning to think that our gas oven isn't working as it should, ie, things are taking too long to cook. She's had some potatoes in there (she's making 'Slimming World chips'), on gas mark 9,...
51
51

Presence detection ...
Have just written a script to see if my mobile phone is present within the house. My router is configured to only issue it the same IP address. So a regular ping ... if it fails I will assume I am...
8
8

LED in Dimmer
What would happen if I mixed up some LED GU10s and accidentally used a non- dimmable lamp in a fitting with a dimmer?
7
7

OT: Dark lightning.
It is dated April, but not April 1st..:-) one in a thousand strikes on aircraft won't be visible, but will give you a lifetime dose of radiation in microsecond. Harry, are you a man who does a lot of...
7
7

OT: Heat Pump Pricing
A colleague decided to investigate installing a heat pump for his house. He concluded that the Subsidies available allow installers to charge vast sums for installation, hiding the charges in the...
7
7