Today's Freecycle

4. OFFER - Caravan Door - Thurston From: R B.
5. OFFER - Black macbook Battery (broken) - Thurston From: R B.
I'll be right there!
--
Davey.

Kind of makes you wonder why.... What could I offer here? faulty pile of brand new modems from 1980s perhaps? Should be of little use to anyone only fitzx spectrum. Or what about lot of antique asbestos cement corrugated panels, ideal for putting on car port... Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Davey" < snipped-for-privacy@example.invalid> wrote in message
On 07/06/2014 12:40, Brian Gaff wrote:

I had high hopes of Freecycle, until I sold items a couple of times. Both buyers arrived in cars I could not afford, one never even thanked me. In my ignorance I thought that maybe, just maybe, I would be helping peeps in need. Never again, I would prefer to dump items.
On 07/06/2014 13:20, Broadback wrote:

That would get on my nerves too.
I usually wait a while and let a few enquiries build up, then perform my own brand of social engineering, and select those that I judge to be in most need. Had a bloke who built computers for benefit recipients, unemployed single parent, that type of person. I don't ask - people tend to offer their circumstances. And while that might seem naive, I do think that people are unlikely to lie about that sort of thing. Especially in view of the tat I give away.
--
Cheers, Rob

You *sold* items on FreeCycle?

I'd far rather it was of some use to anybody, rather than scrapped. It could also be it was collected by a volunteer etc who was doing it not for himself.
I collected a half decent music system made up of separates (over a number of weeks) for a drop in centre I help out at. And I collected them in my BMW. ;-)
--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Davey wrote:

This morning a terse request on Winchester Freecycle simply said "Wanted: Toil"
WTF?
On Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:36:43 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:

Toile or tulle fabric?
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I wondered that or Soil? but that is a way away on the keyboard....
On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 14:29:14 +0100

That got my attention, too. Puzzled.
--
Davey.

It's morphed in to Freegle round here. What gets me is the wanted list. ie., Vacuum cleaner, must be a Dyson. Others seem to think it is some sort of cosmic ordering thing or a free Argos. Still, ebayers have to get their stock from somewhere.
mark

car, must be good runner
tim
On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 14:36:43 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

For tengine?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

It's supposed to be FREE.
I have put items on freecycle. Within seconds the phone rings. Some Pikey-looker turns up in a white van.
Almost anything will be taken away.
On 07/06/2014 12:29, Davey wrote:

I saw "Offered: Siff"
Looked at it out of curiosity, wondering what the hell it was, and it wasn't even a sieve, it was a colander.
I recently gave away some old car tools, comprising Gunson timing lights, a Gastester, a tappet adjuster and a valve spring compressor to a local chap who's tuning his Caterham 7. He posted a Wanted for the Gastester on the off-chance that someone might have one.
Haven't been able to use them on my own cars for some years. Bloody complicated computerised things these days. Not much scope for that sort of DIY on a turbocharged diesel.
--
Peter

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 12:29:43 PM UTC+1, Davey wrote:

We have one regular that lists the most pointless rubbish, and lots of it - yet has quite a lot of taken posts. Why I cant imagine.
NT
We regularly see chickens and geese offered...
On 08/06/2014 10:55, Adrian wrote:

Alive or dead?
--
Rod

On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 18:20:21 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Alive.
Mind you, today's seen a "RECEIVED: Car for learner" - so clearly these huge asks do sometimes get results...