Old CO2 cylinders: what to do with them?

Having a clearout, I've unearthed a couple of empty 250g CO2 cylinders from a SodaStream machine.

Turns out they are now obsolete as far as Sodastream are concerned, as their new machines use a different size cylinder, and they no longer support or refill the old ones.

Does anybody else use these things these days, or are they literally rubbish? If not, how I am supposed to get shot of them, given that the local refuse collection centre refuses to take gas cylinders?

Landfill? - seems bizarre.

Reply to
Lobster

Bet they'll take half cylinders. Obviously be careful to empty before cutting...

Reply to
Clive George

Our recycling bin collection takes aerosols, so if you lived round here I'd put them in the bin.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Lobster scribbled...

Do you live in a pikey free zone?

Reply to
Jabba

co 2 should be no issue surely? If the are expended then they will be empty. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is there such a place?

Reply to
ARW

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Yes, Lancashire.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Just goes to show that Pikeys have standards.

Reply to
ARW

How did you like working in the great shithole of the south?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

freegle, scrap merchant, bin.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Oh, and that parking ticket you got whilst working there??????

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Much better than Langley in Manchester. At least no one tried to shoot me in London.

Reply to
ARW

Which one? I got three!

I appealed against all of them with success.

Reply to
ARW

I presume you were not working in Brixton (Coldharbour ward has around

11 shootings a year). Add in the rest of Lambeth and you've got about 37/year average.

I've done odd jobs there and walking around with a PC under my arm in broad daylight was slightly worrying. I have driven there at night and that was enough to tell me to never be there on foot after dark.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts scribbled...

Not as frightening as driving into the riots and meeting 2 police cars coming out, with all their doors open and police hanging off like American firemen. I made the worlds fastest 3 point turn...

Reply to
Jabba

Wow...

I've been in London when one of the riots started. I buggered off to Charing X pronto watching twitter all the way!

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , ARW writes

You were in the posh bit then?

Reply to
bert

You sure ... my local council run site happy to take old extinguishers, diving cylinders etc.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

They may well refuse to take LPG cylinders.

Reply to
bert