Subject Author Posted Replies

Room 'deadness' for audio playback.
Hello all, Are there any guidelines for this? I have noticed that I MUCH prefer the so und of my lounge when the two sets of curtains are drawn. There is much les s echo - or not quite echo but...
29
29

Removing one floor tile
Got to go over my sons tomorrow to remove one floor tile that has a hairline crack, 18 x 18 inch tile put down 3 days ago with flexi floor cement. Tools at hand...angle grinder, SDS plus drill with...
5
5

Right angle drilling in a tight space
I have a storage heater which I've prevented from tipping over by fastening the upper part of the case to square aluminium tube which is in turn fastened to the nearest solid wood above the heater....
22
22

Re: Forex (Currency) Trading is an Extremely Risky and Aggressive Investment.
The turd who posted it first time around actually came back.

Cooker hoods
Threats have been issued about finishing the annexe kitchen before Christmas! I am now in the market for a cooker hood that can be ducted/recirc. Googling brought me to an Indesit H573LIX however the...
21
21

solid fuel fire
I'm about to start using my open fireplace (baxi burnall underfloor vented) - been swept and checked etc. Maybe a few logs at Christmas, but basically smokeless fuel. What is the best way to light...
13
13

What am I missing
Sorry to jump in but im go grey with stress at the minute. I own and run however struggling to rank, am I missing the point with the website when its been visited? any advice would be great. thank you
7
7

Maps that make sense.
Interesting. A collection of quirky, important and creative maps that bring data and facts to life. A must-see for visual learners and info lovers.
6
6

Help finding new mother board for Hotpoint dishwasher in UK?
It's a Ultima Super Silent Slimline Dishwasher. Model Number: SDW85A.C
2
2

multi tool blades
Got s Bosch multi tool & like it a lot. Not enjoying the price of replacement blades etc!! Anyone got any recommendations for replacements and sources of? Cheers Jim K
12
12

staged payments
What's the usual schedule on a sub-10k job? The builder has just dropped a schedule on us, and I'm not happy with it. It was not agreed in advance. Andy
5
5

Getting rid of the stink of Wood Preserver
Just redoing the bathroom and discovered that there must have been a small leak down the back of the bath at some point as the last two foot of a joist showed some minor signs of rot. I scraped the...
3
3

Repairing Television.
Below is a copy of a message sent to LG does anyone here have any ideas? No surge in power was observed, TV was working as normal then it was switched off when going out, now will not power No red...
11
11

OT Humor
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/9/97/Felldownthestairs.jpg
11
11

Getting a car out of a frozen lake ?
Nice bit of Russian DIY, someone sent a link to me: Simon. Апрель 2013 года. Байкал, Малое море. Ветра нет, и участники международных...
23
23