Rigid plastic conduit.

I'm just starting to put the wires through this stuff and IMO the bends are designed by idiots. It is not possible to put a fish tape through as there are shoulders in the bend mouldings, so it is necessary to undo the cover plates and persuade the tape to avoid the shoulder with a finger. The last lot of cast steel bends I used worked perfectly. Why can't people get a simple product right?

Incidentally, conduit wire insulation appears to have much thicker insulation now than 40 years ago. Is this always the case?

Reply to
Capitol

Don't use the bend joints - form the bends with a pipe bending spring :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Capitol brought next idea :

A proper punch needs a matching socket - a female part with a hole to closely match the male punch.

Rather than brass or 'brass' I have had success with the plastic eyelets. They come in two parts, and go together with a snap action.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Very good, Harry. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you mean bends:

inspection bends:

or inspection elbows:

The last have always been difficult to get wiring round.

Not used any recently to know.

Reply to
Nightjar

Harry Bloomfield was thinking very hard :

How did that happen?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Inspection bends, conduit bends are too long for the situation and inspection elbows are too tight for 6 cables.

Reply to
Capitol

Odd. I've never found a problem with them, or at least not with the Egatube versions.

Reply to
Nightjar

I thought I once told you to use 22mm copper bends:-)

Reply to
ARW

And why does it seem to smell like some sort of anti fungus treatment? I walked past some people using some a few weeks ago, its either that or the guy has strange taste in after shave!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff