Subject Author Posted Replies

central heating inhibitor
I'm unsure if there is enough inhibitor in the combi system at my mum's. Must the system be drained down and then refilled with fresh or may I just add some (different as I don't know what's there if...
2
2

How do they make a Part L door?
Thanks Robert, that would be very interesting. Will send a mail now.
13
13

Faulty gloworm 38cxi boiler
My boiler has suddenly gone off. There's no light or display. I've checked the fuse spur and that's fine and so is the internal fuse. When I turn it on I can hear the fan make a sound but only very...

showers/tiling again!
The source of the long sought leak has been identified: minute cracks in a section of grout! Those with long memories may recall that this leak only occurred when one of the daughters visited and used...
13
13

Shower head dismantle
We have a chrome finished shower spray on the end of a flexi hose. I think it was from Sainsbury's or Homebase. One setting is supposed to give a pulsating spray - now it doesn't and some water leaks...
7
7

Samsung TV remote oddity
Could the button on the TV have been left wedged on, and you pressing it cleared that?
15
15

Seco Flex: Thermocoat
I have come acrossa product called Seco Flex which is a resin coating for masonary and the like. The product is a cream like substance which when applied to masonary/brickwork prevents the absorbtion...
18
18

Switching lights
I have three lights in a room. A and B are on one circuit, and switched from two locations. C is on another circuit and also switched from two locations. I would like to change the switching...
20
20

Bright LED light?
Anyone found a decent brightness LED light? I just bought a couple that said 90W equivalent, but they compare better to a 60W bulb, but at least they look well made, some are flimsy plastic and fall...
65
65

Phone socket
When I had some building work done the electrician moved my phone socket and wired a new one to the outside junction box. I have realised that the socket he fitted is not a Master Socket - but a...
8
8

Picture Hangers
These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed. HTF can the clips be opened given that once...
21
21

Rustic fireplace-build - limestone or brick?
Hi all I've long had a notion to rip out the ugly brick fireplace in my old cottage and rebuild it to my own design, in either a more-rustic-looking brick or alternatively, white limestone. I wondered...
23
23

OT Interesting link
Rumor: Photographs show a desert memorial constructed to honor the victims of UTA Flight 772.
9
9

OT ish; Phone to PC
Hi Previously when I have taken a photo on my Galaxy Ace 11 smart phone, I have plugged it into my PC tower, gone into 'Computer' and seen the phone listed. Now I do that & it isn't shown. Any ideas...
14
14

OT: ok the maths one was too easy, try this
(100%, but I did have to draw a picture for one!) A Cambridge professor has posted some of the University's interview questions online to help would-be students - could you pass the test?
69
69