Subject Author Posted Replies

That's the Christmas Cracker sorted
Swapped the insides of the cracker from a cheap toy and crap joke for an engagement ring and a piece of paper that says "will you marry me?". 10 days to go
117
117

OT; Strictly
Using my amazing powers, I predict that on 'tonights' episode there will be a girl in a silver dress in the front row to the right of the judges - and a lady in a stripy dress at the foot of the...
15
15

Why no Bird and Fortune on TV ?
Has someone decided they are a bit too near the political and economic knuckle ? Jim Hawkins
15
15

making kingspan granules
I have lots of kingspan offcuts (which are fireproof) rather than throwing it all away i'm thinking to chop it into small granules and put them under the floor for insulation So how can i chop them...
13
13

OT Interesting WW2 pix.
Part 20 of a weekly 20-part retrospective of World War II
6
6

Pipe hammer arrestor
I've got a pipe hammer arrestor installed but the hammer is still there. It's got what looks like a bicycle tyre valve on top of it: do I need to pressurise it?
7
7

How to create a rough finish on a cast iron kettlebell?
Hi all I have a few cast iron kettlebells of various weights; I use them for home fitness and like them a lot for this purpose. Most of them have a slightly rough finish; a bit like non-smoothed cast...
5
5

Jelly crimps
TLC are now stocking these I have used them on recent phone/broadband wiring and found them to be very quick to fit - Openreach have been using them for a while. It is a shame that they are not...
13
13

Pressure reducing valve
I've reduced the flow of my bathroom taps right down using isolator valves, the taps are 1/4 turn so at full mains pressure they're unusable. We have 2 sinks and if they are both used at once the tap...
2
2

Working out belt sizes
I was just investigating the cause of a non working VCR, and found the belt had gone rather saggy with age... Fortunately I managed to track down an already sized part, but the thought occurred to me,...
3
3

Worcester 28CDi
Looking for advice My mums boiler is leaking from the auotmatic pressure valve on the top of t he boiler, its been dripping and went you run the hot water you can hear ai r coming out of it. I read on...
4
4

Converting low pressure to high pressure domestic water
I am rebuilding a bathroom next year and beginning to scope it out. These days finding taps that run on low pressure is quite difficult so I am thinking of replacing the hot water cylinder with one...
20
20

Adding a wireless room thermostat?
My house has 14 radiators over 2 floors, each with a TRV, installed in 1987. Some no longer turn off and some don't seem to respond much to variations. This often means we are too hot. I am thinking...
19
19

Fats Waller: "Your Feet's Too Big"
It's one of my favourites. I can't find a recording of it anywhere Anyone got a recording of it to share or sell? Jim Hawkins
12
12

How best to heat a house with electric only?
I've inherited a small cottage. Don't want to sell it, can't live in it yet. Intention is to let it for a while. There is no heating other than an open fire which is prone to filling the place with...
38
38