Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Speaker level adjustment
I boxed up an L-pad and installed it a while ago, but it doesn't really seem to have sufficient adjustment. I am now wondering about a completely different approach. I could have totally separate...
21
21

Lidl - Livarno Lux LED Clip Light 3.99 - NOT recommended
Livarno Lux LED Clip Light 3.99 - NOT recommended Saw these offer at Lidl and thought I would give it a go. 1.3W GU10 (direct mains) lamp so weedy power but worth a try for bedtime reading. Brightness...

OT A bit of amusement on the box
Just saw Parkinson do one of his Life Insurance ads:- "If you are over 55... etc etc. Underneath his beaming face was a trailer for some programme called "Going Underground". Does it apply to him I...
3
3

DVI - any clues?
This is sort of a follow up. I'm using a DVI/PS2 KVM switch between my two computers. Works beautifully. Reason for the PS2 is one of the computers is an old Acorn RPC which uses PS2 only. It has a...
4
4

Lets Go Green Deal
The company Lets Go Green Deal has seemingly run off with all the money, according to Radio 4 'You and Yours' today. Their green deal certificate has been revoked. Another (unnamed) company is also...
4
4

More climate stuff
You may recall that I quoted a Matt Ridley article in the Times about climate stuff - "hockey stick" in particular. There has been an exchange of letters in Le Temps about this, and I found this site:...
1
1

Digital calipers and battery life
I recently bought a 6" digital caliper off eBay (about £7, probably identical to the Aldi one at a similar price or two-three times that from the usual suspects). I just happened to find this link...
16
16

Painting south-facing window cills
Wrong time of year I know, but I want to do this as soon as it starts to warm up so best to be prepared. The back of our 3 storey house faces south so, even in these less than tropical climes, it gets...
10
10

OT Hedge cutter.
12
12

TOT: finding your way in the metropolis or Salford
Bill https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/directions.jpg
6
6

Screed floor crack - now fixed!
OK - been a while... But I have now completed work to fix a crack in my new floor screed. Recap: Screed is microfibre loaded 3" thick, sits on 3" celotex, which sits on 4" concere on Type 1 MOT. The...
7
7

One off cct board creation
It's been about 20 years since I did anything significant in the way of a cct board manufacture, other than one or two components on off cuts of veroboard. I have a small project where I will be...
31
31

Open vent heating pumping over
My heating's been pumping over for a while now, spilling over the overflow from my header tank. I can't seem to get to the bottom of the problem. I've extended the height of the open vent which is now...
26
26

microwaves
Twice I have replaced the lamp and the turntable motor. The first lot were returned as perhaps faulty, well the lamp did not work and the turntable only worked with the door open. Second set installed...
5
5

cistern float valve
The Fluidmaster side entry float valve has quite a long thread where it projects out through the side of the cistern. Is it normal to cut that to suit the distance to the incoming copper pipe, or do...
7
7