Subject Author Posted Replies

Test Post Only
Please ignore - test only
4

Golden rules of DIY and property design: Help needed
Hi, My name is Tudor and I am writing at blog about the golden rules of DIY and property design. Would members be open to providing me with their Golden Rule, the one piece of advice they stick to or...
12
12

Sharp garden saw
A thumbs up for this Puts my bowsaw (with a new blade) to shame. I think it cuts on forward and back strokes, so very fast indeed! General purpose hard point wood saw designed for cutting green (wet)...
3
3

HDMI question.
I've had to re-jig things due to a new TV. Requirement is to be able to watch the PVR in both the living room and kitchen at the same time as I could do before using analogue SCART. To this end, the...
6
6

Cupboard door switch
Anyone any experience with these? Our sparks put one in about 3 years ago and its now failing. And no, its not the 60W tungsten blub, since if after opening the door I whack the pointy bit enough...
5
5

OT: Decided to sell house that's currently occupied
We inherited my parent's old house when they died and we've been letting it out through Countrywide Letting Agency for the last seven years. The current tenancy agreement comes to an end in July and...
14
14

relay switching logic
HI all It's that glass kiln build again... Looking for suggestions on how to cause a relay to be energised when two separate inputs are 'low', but to drop out if either (or both) of them go high. It's...
33
33

Energy saving trust significantly downgrades energy saving estimates
Energy saving trust has significantly downgraded the estimated energy savings achievable from activities like insulating your loft or having wall insulation installed. This is because the figures it...
24
24

Outdoor fire pit/ fire box design?
We were over in the US the other year and most camp sites had fire boxes made from metal (boiler plate?) with a heavy duty grill on top which was hinged so the box could be used just for fire or it...
7
7

OT:Somerset ... flood then freeze ?
Idly chatting with SWMBO yesterday, and I pondered if things could get much worse for Somersetians after being visit by Prince Charles, and she said "Well, it could freeze" ... Wonder what the effects...
11
11

PTFE tape compression fittings
Just had some work done,normally I would dive in myself but I didn't have the time and the job would have taken me a week or more... I was interested to note that all the compression fittings the...
11
11

ceramic hob: disposal of
Hello, I have just replaced my ceramic hob with an induction hob. The ceramic hob had been in the house when e moved in and whilst it was fully working, the glass was lightly scratched in places. Does...
5
5

OT. Now for something completely different~ A Team film.
With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet again, I watched th A Team film. Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx. About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4...
9
9

OT feckin Ebay.........
"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase. In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out." WTF? Jim K
8
8

Tip of the day
If you have a kitchen tap with a pull out hose, be sure that the life of the hose is as little as two years. The kitchen cabinet will flood and you will be so thankful that you sealed the bottom...
2
2