Subject Author Posted Replies

EDF WTF?
"We're sorry we can't offer you a quote online today Due to ongoing energy market volatility we don’t have any fixed energy tariff deals available." I'm paying over 30p a unit. On the existing fixed...
13
13

OT: Batteries - false economy
I'll never buy cheap unheard of brandname batteries again, it's a waste of time and money, i've lost count of the number i've had little use of especially those 18650 types. Currently unable to use a...
16
16

Reducing costs
At the moment I have configured the heating system to only use the heat pump, whilst isolating the two 3kW immersion heaters. This drives a 2.5kW bathroom radiator and only one 1.8kW living room...
15
15

Electric Plane (Planer)
My bench is comprised of two palettes. (bad gor my back). Today I cut two 2400mm furniture boards lengthways with my new Erbauer ERB690CSWplunge saw. It is pretty good but despite triple checking my...
10
10

best laugh for a while...tee hee
►►► SUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS! http://bit.ly/fasubmit SUBSCRIBE! http://bit.ly/fasubscribe Check out FailArmy U!!! • http://bit.ly/failu Catch all our shows streaming...
3
3

Should MDF be outlawed?
I need to cut MDF indoors. I'm reading about masks/dangers because i've had a cough on and off for about 12 months so becoming a bit precious about my lungs. The more I read the more I wonder why we...
14
14

Roof cleaning (tiles)
One of my neighbours has just had his tiled roof cleaned (pressure washer). Whilst it does look cleaner (not really that bad to begin with), they've obviously not noticed the muddy stains/dribbles on...
12
12

Sagging wall unit base
was concerned about the base of a 1m wide wall unit sagging and it has/is. I was optimistic that if these things were being sold, surely they'd be fit for the job but appparently not. But as I think...
8
8

tic tok
Tiktok is the worst app to have ever been created and it's made Tiktok a lot of money Tiktok culture is breeding a new age of Tiktok cringe. However Tiktok isn't just cringe, Tiktok is ruining...
4
4

Matching new shower head to riser bracket - how hard can it be?
Hi all We need a new (cheap-ish) shower head, to replace the old (cheap-ish) one. We have a 22mm riser rail and a generic (cheap-ish!) 'riser rail bracket', into which the...
9
9

OT: Neighbours
I love my neighbours because they are really annoying but they keep finding new ways to prevent things becoming too stale. Currently one of them is doing some sort of frog poison detox which involves...
6
6

Support under joists
I have built 4 stone pillars (only 2 course each) on top of 18x18x4" concrete pads. The pillars are to provide support under joists on a decking area ..... Additional supports in readiness for HotTub...
19
19

you tube
I run an advert blocker on you tube because I can't tollerate adverts does this stop the 'creators' getting paid ? ....can't find an answer
4
4

another great Scot
Comedian Jerry Sadowitz says his intention isn't too upset anyone in real life, and that the show - in which he also gets his penis out on stage - "is for those who enjoy it". Comedian Jerry Sadowitz...
4
4

Scaffold tower around structure
Hi I need to get access above a structure. I have a scaffold tower (the type with long sections and short sections you push on top of each other). Ideally I would have the first 2 or 3 layers in a U...
6
6