Subject Author Posted Replies

PCI graphics card
The graphics card on the 'spare' desktop has died. Need a new one as the motherboard doesn't have a DVI output, only VGA. Don't use it for gaming so just want a basic card which will do 'HD'...
13
13

A tongue in cheek suggestion for a power source.
Right, the world seems to have one heck of a lot of stored plutonium, and with the lack of a nuclear war to use it in, its all beginning to be rather an embarrassment. So a lot of spacecraft have been...
14
14

Microbore pipes
My central heating uses microbore pipes thta look like they are 8mm diameter (need to measure to confirm) they are embedded in the plaster of the walls. I am wondering if there is a method for...
3
3

thermodynamic panels
anyone got em yet? any good? Jim K This blog was updated in February 2014, 6 November 2014 and 10 March 2015. If someone told you that there's a new solar panel that could he
23
23

Electric underfloor heating (wired) thermostat - help
We've an old, electric, E7, u/f heating system (30+ years). The living room thermostat packed in so I tossed it out - should have kept it for referenc e, but there you go. It had only two connections...
9
9

CH - UFH manifolds
I will have 2 UFH circuits. The conservatory which must be controllable and a tiny 3m2 one in a rear shower room (that does not exist yet). Obviously need a blender. I notice these tend to come as an...
12
12

Source of stick-type wallplugs
The plugs I have are about 8" long. I'm running out of these, the little DIY place where I bought them closed down long ago, and the wiki says they're now rare. A typical Edinburgh flat has up to 30mm...
33
33

Mains Interconnection Box
Continuing on from my multiple pull-switch saga .... I have a need for a box in which I can connect power to a 12-position Click Minigrid panel containing both switches and associated low-current...
6
6

"Dandy Pro" paintbrush cleaner
I can't remember who recommended this gadget here, but I'd like to join in. It's a simple but excellent idea, & works well. Top tip: save some empty tin cans (beans, for example) --- they're perfect...

Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa - All Goals & Highlights 01/02/2015
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g5pfb_arsenal-5-0-aston-villa-all-goals-highlights-01-02-2015_sport
12
12

Have solar panels got cheaper?
New solar farm being built near us, and I was interested to see three new build sites adjacent to westbound lane of M4 between Reading and Chippenham today.
6
6

New hardware site?
Found this today in one of the kids bike magazines At a quick glance it seemed to have some good prices, but a few bad ones too. Anyone got any experience/comments?
7
7

BS 1363 plugs
(1) Can one ordinarily buy BS1363-type plugs with a plastic "Earth" pin, for fitting to a user-supplied two-core cable and a double-insulated device? (2) Page "PlugSafe Protecting BS 1363 - the...
25
25

bathroom wall mounted fan heaters....
Ageing rellies vintage 70s? dimplex wall mounted fan heater has retired. Had adjustable rotary 'clockwork' 'countdown' timer, rotary adjustable heat controls, push button on/off. Rellies keen to have...
25
25

sealing cement for shower tyle
Hello, a tile in the shower has come off... it's in the lower corner, it was added recently to block a water leak from the shower. I need to re glue it with something that is white and water tight....
4
4