Subject Author Posted Replies

Evenin' all
Keep em peeled.... http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=18495
5

Small Multi Tool
Anyone come across a small (Dremel size or smaller) version of the Fein or Bosch PMF180 oscillating multi tool? I want something to use for small model making jobs and my Bosch is just too big and...
4
4

Toolstation
A Toolstation has opened inside the local (Wimbledon) branch of Wicks. Very convenient - an easy 10 minute drive with plenty parking unlike the next nearest one in Merton. But a lot of stuff they sell...
43
43

SDS box cutters
Are they much the same? Toolsatan are showing them a lot cheaper than Screwfix. Also, how effective are they compared to other approaches? Cheers Dave R
8
8

Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?
Hi, I'm looking for any personal recommendations for a copier that will copy from normal 35mm neg's, slides and small glass plate neg's. Looking around the web there seems to be a multitude of these,...
49
49

CH design and radiators...
Is it correct to assume a radiator dT=40K for a modern condensing gas boiler? 70C flow, 50C return so average 60C , nominal room T=20C Not sure about the flow/return temps...
78
78

OT:Recomened a libel/defamation lawyer?
Any one had any good experiences in the UK and recommend a good lawyer skilled in libel? Ta Steve
4
4

OT - Google Earth Pro free licence
If this is of any use, don't seem to be any catches, info. required is not too bad and I'm sure we all have it to hand ;-) Some info. here: There is an old adage that a fool and his money are easily...
37
37

apple tree weirdness
This are pics of a high branch on a small apple tree. Anyone know what's happened? Bill Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily....
3
3

Phone, tablet and laptop glue
[posted to then I thought might be on topic here, apologies for the multipost] It seems to be the thing these days to build gadgets with glue rather than screws, so that all the bits like LCD,...
6
6

OT photocopier servicing
Our office needs a new copier/printer and conventional wisdom seems to be that you must get a service agreement or lease or you'll end up with lots of problems, but I wonder if that is really the...
21
21

OT:Any economics experts ?
Just had a gander at the question which has caused all the fuss, and is it just me, or is it quite doable ? True I know **** all about "peasant economies" or "1-person-cities", and I am making an...
22
22

What type of extractor fan ?
History: Small 6 x 6 foot shower room mostly used by my wife (I use main bathroom) the room has black mould issues due to condensation, the only window is approx 2 feet tall x 6 inches wide and...
17
17

OT? Tyre pressures
I have recently bought a Zafira. I was surprised to see that the tyre pressures were 36psi. I previously owned an Astra Estate (similar size and weight) whith tyre pressures of 29psi. When I looked in...
30
30

OT. What European countires think.
"Five years after the financial crisis first hit Europe, citizens of European Union member states are growing increasingly wary of the body that was supposed to provide them with economic benefits....
8
8