Subject Author Posted Replies

Handy
Edryd Jones tells how neighbours ran to his aid and plunged the severed limb into a bowl of ice after his accident
6
6

Garage disposal?
Faced with clearing the garage and workshop of a recently-died relative, there are a lot of unidentifiable chemicals in all sorts of glass and plastic receptacles. Rather than trying to identify them...
23
23

Is my calendar wrong?
If you go to Maplin you can buy a device which is only a bit bigger than a mobile phone, with two weedy cables terminating in small croc clips which they claim will deliver 200 amps to jump start a...
36
36

Drawer Runners (Sliders)
Tearing my hair out... I have some kitchen units that need the old drawer runners replaced. However the width between the cabinet and the drawer is 10mm (each side), but the "standard" is 12.5mm. i.e....
8
8

Hoarding
The woman in her thirties, who is believed to have been walking to work, was crushed in Tooting, south London, when the huge metal advertising hoarding crashed on top of her.
19
19

OT Bloody hell!
Footage purports to show the moment a Boeing 747 US cargo plane crashes on its ascent from Bagram airbase, Afghanistan
7
7

3d printing and SketchUp help please
Hi all, I have just helped a mate by building a 3d printer with / for him. It's a MendelMax 1.5 (with dual extruders) and whilst it took quite a while to build (assemble from a kit) ... mostly because...
58
58

Flooring suitable for underfloor heating - tiles, wood? Advice needed.
My ex is about to put some flooring down over existing wood floorboards, reason being cold rises from the cellar underneath (not habitable, low ceiling). Will be in the hall and small front room....
9
9

Ot These useless polls.
One thing they say about liars. They have to have a good memory in order to be consistant and not to be found out. But these polls were consistant and wrong. But all wrong in the same way. And the...
21
21

OT Interesting gymnastics/tricks.
Subscribe: http://bit.ly/PAASubscribe Submit a Video: http://www.peopleareawesome.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllPeopleAreAwesome Instagram: https://instagram.com/AllPeopleAreAwesome Vine:...
2
2

Blue Peter car maintainance
I won't be using one of these in my Bentley. Q. How do I service the Frantz Refiner? A. Place a roll of toilet paper centered onto the filter base tucking in any paper overlapping the edge. Cover the...
15
15

Hedge trimmer flex [cable?] repair. Cheapest safe method?
Girl next door has sliced her hedge trimmer cable in half. I'd previously fixed her battery powered door-bell wire with some crimp connectors and heat-shrink. She thought In could do same with...
37
37

OTish:Multi-channel media player (app)
Messing around with a Raspberry Pi, and am impressed enough to try and invest some time in a small project, which may (emphasis on *may*) not need too much work at all. Basically, I want to create a...
1
1

Intro to coding
Going back to that topic from a few weeks back, I found another quite nice one today: (versions to run in a browser and on various devices) http://lightbot.com/hocflash.html
34
34

RS delivery charges no more
RS seem now to be offering "free" next day delivery on all online orders.
2
2