Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Season of goodwill etc
I would rather watch this
2

WC Seat Fixing
Noticed daughter's toilet seat was loose. Tried to reach the usual wing-nuts but it is one of those stylich bogs with a sort of skirt that almost goes alls the way back to the wall to make it all look...
14
14

Halogen Hob Glass Surface Melted?
Whilst cooking the Christmas turkey my wife placed the oven tray, containing the turkey and root vegetables in a foil-sealed parcel, upon our Halogen hob. This was a new oven tray. Previously, she.has...
13
13

Makes the apprentices look clever
UK astronaut Tim Peake tweets a light-hearted apology after calling a wrong number from the International Space Station and asking "is this planet Earth?".
10
10

Seasons Greetings!
As title, have a good one.
59
59

Help plumbing pipe connection
How do I connect the waste pipe from the corner unit to the waste pipe? I assume I need a knurled nut to connect at the sink end (can I buy seperately? where?) At the waste pipe, it swivels down to be...
10
10

Lidl LED uplighter went 'pop'
We have a lamp from Lidl, father and child or summat, LED. It has a 24v transformer plug, the missus switched it on yesterday and it made an audible 'pop' and now it doesn't work. The transformer is...
12
12

OT: sad news from David Mackay
The 'honest Green' who realised that renewable energy couldn't cut the mustard and spent a few years at DECC trying to explain Sums And Other Things to Chris Huhne, has terminal cancer. What can one...
2
2

One for Bill Wright
Best coaxial Cable for Sky, Freesat, Freeview
13
13

Glasses for DIY
Changing some light fittings last night made me realise that I need some glasses specifically for DIY. I wear Varifocals, which are perfect for everyday (and for work, when I actually worked) but are...
87
87

Last minute Christmas present - Impact Driver?
Here we are at Christmas Eve and I still haven't told Father Christmas what I'd like tomorrow! I've often wondered about an impact driver. Ever since I bought an SDS drill, I've wondered how I ever...
15
15

TRV Valve head stuck?
I'm a bit new to central heating. One radiator will not work when the head is on - it looks like one of these: If I take the head off the valve pin on the radiator works fine and the radiator blasts...
19
19

OT: Coal -fired power stations and electricity generation
Is it my imagination, or has the output from coal-fired power stations dropped significantly since Kellingley closed on the 18th (Gridwatch)? If not my imagination, and I don't think it is, is it a...
9
9

Flush saver id
My new house has a cistern with some sort of flush saver valve, in line, with a swivelling tap on top to presumably allow the water flow to be directed so as not to make a splashing sound. I can't id...
12
12

Garden chipper blowing fuses?
Hi all, Mate went to use his garden chipper the other day and it ran for half an hour then stopped. He checked for blockages and it was clear and left it for a while and tried again but nothing....
17
17