Subject Author Posted Replies

Hotpoint Dryer Recall Update
"Your repair status Due to high demand it is currently estimated that we will be able to complete the modifications to your tumble dryer in June. We will be in contact with you in due course to...
97
97

Wylex plug-in breakers ("upgrade" for ancient fused CUs)
Spotted that CPC have these, new. Not cheap though. 8.59+vat. 6, 10, 16, 20, 32, 40A. The 10 seems a bit of an oddity.
15
15

OT(ish) - refurbing alloy wheels
My venerable vehicle has alloy wheels which have been powder coated, Redone in about 2008. A couple or three (maybe 4) years back two of them started failing - air leaking under the coating giving a...
2
2

IKEA chest of drawers
Hi I have 2 small chests of drawers which may be a previous version of the current BRIMNES line here: Can't figure out how to remove the drawers! The runners are mounted roughly halfway up the outside...
9
9

Under-counter bathroom basin fixing
Hello, I am planning a new bathroom granite worktop with oval ceramic basin mounte d beneath. One basin supplier (Clickbasin) says the way to fix the basin is to glue it to the under side of the...
1
1

Tap hose connector threads
I've got a couple of outside taps - tried to connect hose up to one today and failed - just - the black adapter is just just just too small, the yellow connector is too big. What is the right size?
10
10

Stop with the political stuff.
Ok I know nobody cares a jot if I KF them . As is I have KFed no-one in this group but I feel I have to to weed out some of the OT chaff on here. Harry I'm looking at you. I have seen politics ruining...
36
36

Paging Brian Gaff
Apologies to everyone else. Brian, did you ever manage to see your posts to Your original post appeared, as did two Test messages. All three received replies.
3
3

OT: The best summary of the skeptics position ever.
(By UKIPS climate change advisor of course) And for the 'epic failure of EU energy policy' Yet another UKIP Oxbridge graduate... http://www.ukipmeps.org | Join UKIP: http://ukip.org • European...
51
51

Wall chasers
So, it begins ... the movers left at lunchtime. Are any of the cheap wall chasers any good? Or shall I rent a decent one? Most of the lights in this house are wall mounted at eye level & I want to...
27
27

strong door
I want to make an internal door and frame burglar-resistant. Suggestions? Bill
26
26

Crescent washer under monobloc tap is bending.
Can anyone help me with suggestions for this problem? The tap goes through a hole in the kitchen worktop, it has two soft copper pipes that screw into the underside of the monobloc and a threaded rod...
3
3

I hope that the TV I installed today does not fall off the wall
And I had to run CAT 6 from it to the middle of the building. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/6e/Tvdbs.jpg
3
3

Source of flexible cable for soldering iron?
HI Folks Somebody must make / stock this stuff, but I've not been able to locate an online supplier. Got a loverly new temp-controlled soldering iron (Hakko 610, if you're interested) for the...
16
16

OT You can imagine this happening here too.
Migrants get priority care over locals. ASYLUM seekers in Austria are being given priority medical care ahead of nationals - to keep expensive translators in its hospitals and surgeries busy.
17
17