Subject Author Posted Replies

Bullding a BBQ, how much cement and sand to buy?
I'm building a double-BBQ of the standard size 670mm wide (but two of them side-by-side) with a little extra bit on the end for a paving slab to make a table. It's 17 whole bricks per course and 11 or...
3
3

H-in-a-circle symbol on a passenger ferry boat deck
Rather off topic, but someone might know... I'm familiar with a large "H", usually inside a circle, painted on the ground, to signify a helicopter landing pad. But what is the significance of this...
4
4

Making a window
This is probably a daft question, as I'm not terribly good at carpentry! I want to make a small square window casement 400 x 400. My carpentry skills are just about up to cutting the wood square and...
11
11

Electrical Regs and Business Requirements
Hi all From discussions here for domestice premises, I understand that you do not have to make electrical installations compliant with current regs unless you make changes. Even then, entire...
3
3

Asphalt drive surface needs binding.
I have an asphalt drive which has served well for about 15 years or so. It is still intact, apart from a couple of small cracks developing in low load areas. Easy to repair and no problem. Where I am...
4
4

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 cropping pre sets
Hi, I have used Adobe Photoshop 7 on a desktop computer for some years, but have upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 as I could not reinstall Photoshop 7, I have since been advised how to but that...
1
1

Trade or generic name for sticky band material?
Comes or perhaps came in rolls , about 3 inches wide, consisting of hessian web ,holding a sticky clay, gum and oil? mix, that stays sticky for ever and a day. For bridging gaps in guttering,...
16
16

OT: EXCEL file won't print in Landscape
I have an EXCEL file that insists on only printing graphs in portrait mode, which means they occupy only the top half of an A4 page and are half the size that they could be. Other EXCEL files will...
8
8

O.T. Appointment booking software
The charity I work for needs some kind of online appointment booking software system There's lots of it out there but I wondered if anyone had any experience of anything they'd found particularly...
4
4

OT Personality test.
An interesting self survey of 16 personality types. Test takes about 10 min..... Free personality test - take it to find out why our readers say that this personality test is so accurate, “it's a...
6
6

Inside Electric Mountain: Britain's biggest rechargeable battery
"This is because the two reservoirs are linked by one of Britain?s biggest post-war industrial projects: the Dinorwig pumped storage power station, hidden within this mountain. It is effectively a...
47
47

I assume the apprentice got it in the neck
I assume the apprentice got it in the neck. Not fair, really. Forgetting your bomb is an easy mistake to make.
28
28

Problem with mozilla
This morning when attempting to send messages from any email (I have a number) to any address I get this error: An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: Your...
42
42

Re-roofing a shed
A few years ago I posted about this; now I need to do something this year - before my tuit gets dripped on from the brand new crack! The roof is corrugated asbestos cement, single pitch, about 8 deg....
15
15

Stihl strimmer won't stop
Stihl split boom strimmer won't stop when off switch engaged. Is this a simple fix ?
6
6