Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing an immersion heater
I need to replace an immersion heater that's been in the cylinder for over 40 years. It looks well crusted in place. So, how much force can you put on it to unscrew it without rupturing the cylinder?...
32
32

OT(ish) dishwasher grumble
Investigating poor dish washing performance (yes, doing it myself) and I discovered tat the spray arms were clogged with bits of egg shell. Leaving aside the fact that the filter shouldn't allow bits...
6
6

DIY Graphic designer
http://bit.ly/2iglt91

Air Ram etc.
I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way of making the place look tidy quickly. Has anyone any...
5
5

Sagging Kitchen Wall Cupboards
I've just installed a new Wickes kitchen and I'm disappointed that both the 800 wide wall unit bottoms sag noticeably in the centre (between the two s ides) when loaded with an ordinary loads of tins...
17
17

Worcester-Bosch boiler servicing
I generally work on the principle that if it's not broke you don't fix it unless, like a car engine, for example, it clearly needs some TLC like an oil change from time-to-time. So how often does a...
88
88

Smart Meter Display on Computer
I have just had my electricity and gas meters replaced with smart meters which have now made my excel spread sheet redundant and I no longer need to read my meters every day. However I will still...
19
19

Christmas lecture
Billed as "energy for the future" I was expecting an exposé of all of the new technology that is coming on stream in the next 20 years But with one minor exception, it was nothing more than a 50 year...
156
156

no heating from Gloworm combi boiler, radiators are not hot
help, my gloworm combi boiler is heating my water but not heating the radiators, i have bled all rads incase air lock but from the middle floor to top floor there is nothing coming out of the ras, no...
19
19

drilling into a radiator?
BRITAIN'S most cringeworthy naked calendar featuring wrinkly pub regulars and busty boozers in awkward saucy poses has become an internet hit – even though it’s LAST YEAR’S calendar!
1
1

strange way to measure rubber ring with micrometer
strange way to measure rubber ring with micrometer! Scroll down to pic. Work on majority of all Xbox 360 models to fix a stuck dvd drive. Third party belts for Xbox 360 drive belts. Compatible for:...
7
7

OT: Google camera needs cleaning
Google Maps
2
2

SCR working intermittantly
Hi, I have the B Gas version and it has worked well for a few years. However, occasionally my boiler does not turn off even though the thermostat has told it to and there is no green light on at the...
2
2

Double/single box for brick/plaster wall
Is there such a things? I.e. I'm looking for something like this:- but for fitting into a plaster on brick/breezeblock wall. ... or is the technique simply to fit two metal boxes close next to each...
15
15

LED streetlights
The LED streetlights fitted here appear to be warm white. Anyone else compared them to their own lights? Daylight white is much better.
7
7