Subject Author Posted Replies

strange happenings
I listen to insomnia radio on a stand alone internet radio during the night and switch to LBC at 4am to listen to Steve alan......but the last few nights the radio has switched channels by itself !...
8
8

Handyman's Electrical work
handyman at the stables was tasked with removing the canopy lights and replacing them with a loop-in conduit box and lid. He nicely put live and neutral together in the same Wago connector but left...
18
18

What are these called (shower component)
The piece of plastic that keeps my heavy shower/bath screen in place has snapped, meaning the door cannot be safely used. I don't know what it's called - a picture of it is here: in yellow. They are...
15
15

How to use weird wire stripper?
I bought this: are 4 cutting areas, I only understand 2. Counting from the handle end, the second one simply slices through the whole cable and is very sharp and effective. The third one is...
10
10

Which Drill for RSJ ?
I bought a 12mm bit but it went blunt - probably because my drill was too fast. So I need to buy a corded drill which will go slowly, got 8 more holes to drill in the RSJ. And a new bit. a Titan or...
37
37

Kitchen sink replacement required
Hello group, I wish to replace my current kitchen sink which is a very cheap stainless steel Carron Phoenix 1.5 bowl measuring 1030mm by 508mm on the top edge. It is a standard top-mount sink. I am...
5
5

heads up soup....not the poster on here
24p a can vegetable soup just essentils by asda in a yellow can....tasts just like wot heinz used to yum yum
12
12

How to find a quiet shaver socket?
Our (quite old) shaver socket hums, and it's getting louder. I'm not worried about it blowing up or anything but it's in our en-suite mounted on the wall the other side of which is our bed. So, it's...
60
60

Crosby
Crosby dies...what a shame
11
11

Braincell supplement needed
Last year I purchased a dowling jig. It is pretty good for 8mm and 9mm holes. But it has nothing to support small diameter drills. I currently need to drill 3mm holes into a defined target. My...
11
11

Simple drawing or photo-editing program wanted
I regularly want to draw transparent coloured ellipses around chosen areas on photographs, maps etc to highlight them. I have MS Paint of course, and that almost does what I'm looking for, but the...
27
27

Non smart lobby lamp
My brain hurts! We have a 3m x 3m external lobby linking to a store and garden access. Pressure is being exerted to install illumination for key finding, boot removal etc. 3 pages of the Screwfix site...
18
18

Amazon Return (high value)
I got a returns address for a laptop computer from Amazon just before Christmas, so I packaged it up, printed labels and booked a collection by 'compare Parcels'. It was collected on the 27th December...
7
7

a first - locking petrol cap froze up
my locking petrol cap froze up this morning stopping me getting petrol...took until lunch time for it to thaw out regardless of wd40 injection...strange...anybody else?
22
22

led pir floodlights
since when did the retail versions come with a bit of three core cable attached ?...ones I bought a few years ago didn't...was it because people were making a bad job of sealing their flat twin and...
9
9