Subject Author Posted Replies

Pink cogs
Qualcast petrolmower 35s
2

Bungalow dampness
Would ventalation help to prevent dampness in my bedrooms?
8
8

external insulation
has anybody seen external insulation applied to a timber frame house? .....
11
11

Glazing question
I need to replace a double glazed unit in a wood window frame, and would obviously like the new unit made up before removing the old. So how much clearance do I allow? The size is approx 600 x 600mm
18
18

OT Enoch Powel. Prescient.
1
1

uPVC gearbox difficulty locking
Usual type gearbox, lift handle to throw bolts and lock. Lifting the handle works fine and all the bolts engage freely without binding but the lock cylinder is starting to get difficult to turn to...
11
11

Fairy lights question
I found some amazing leaf shapped solar lights and sculptured a tree and pu t the lights in the tree. There are 3 branches. This is one string of 200 lights...so I checked it and 2 brannches light...
2
2

OT: How to lose a war
Bollocks. A properly designed pre-selector box is less likely to break than a conventional box and clutch. Which is why they were so popular on buses.
2
2

Screwfudge factor
I think the Screwfudge factor is out by one - it's showing last week's deals as this week's, and this week's as next week's. Owain
2
2

OT What has she done to my Facebook account?
I let the Lou have a go on my phone on Sunday to make a Facebook post (I seldom use it). She then said "I've set it up properly to work on your mobile" And since then I have had a "people you may know...
27
27

OT Came across this. Nuclear powered transport
To quote L.P Hartleys 1953 book “The GoBetween”, “The past is a different country, they do things differently there”. Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/curiousdroid Paypal.me :...
5
5

British Standards
Do you think we will return to British Standards and Codes of Practice soon? .....
4
4

OT Crime in Germany.
There's a surprise. Although non-Germans make up approximately 10% of the overall German population, they accounted for 30.5% of all crime suspects in the country in 2016. Nearly 250,000 migrants...
9
9

Labelmakers
Anyone recommend a decent label maker? Mostly for kitchen storage jars, key tags & wiring. Are there any that print dishwasher proof labels? (Unlikely, I know).
28
28

Staple guns
Thinking about investing in some sort of staple gun, as I will be laying a carpet soon, and a gun would be handy for going around the edges, into a wooden floor. Do I need an electric gun, or will a...
17
17