Subject Author Posted Replies

Slightly OT: CR2032
OK, I know I should know this, but old age continues to creep forward...... A Dell computer has a dead bios battery. The manual says it's a Lithium CR2032. Is there any reason not to use one from one...
72
72

Trades
Why do people expect a Plumber to be able to fix a Central Heating Boiler? you wouldn't expect one to repair a washing machine! To understand the Control Logic and the sensors, etc. surely you need a...
17
17

itermittent vibrating baxi solo he 15 boiler
Baxi solo he15 intermittent vibrating noise spoke to to the engineer who fitted it he said nothing to worry about only 3 yes old and is service every year press the desert button when it happens and...
11
11

Twin flourescent, both flickering
Both tubes in a flourescent are flickering and won't light. Reading up on the symptoms suggests the ballast at fault but there's two of them so unlikely they've both failed? As the only thing in there...
16
16

Power to hoover but not switching on
Hetty compact
12
12

OT: Merkel admits EU strangles business and UK could be better off out.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the European Union needs to guard against the U.K. gaining an economic edge by easing regulation when it leaves the bloc.
6
6

Combi or not combi - help!
I note it says in the wiki that: "I need a new one, what should I get!" comes up in some form almost every day on uk.d-i-y, but couldn't find enough information to clench the deal, one way or the...
45
45

OT. Lionel. On Sweden.
I just love Lionel. While the media were busy Monday trying to dismiss Trump’s claims of troubles in Sweden, riots were breaking out in the immigrant suburb of Rinkeby in Stockholm. How about that!...

Glow.worm 60ff boiler problem
My boiler continues to fire up when the external control panel has shut off. It fires up then goes off when it reaches the internal thermostat setting. On the external controller no demand lights are...
2
2

Collecting for charity OT
Do the people canvassing for donors to charities get paid at least minimum wages?
35
35

Condensing boiler and PVC
Without being too technical and just in case anybody else has this issue. Bungalow, condensing boiler in the loft, flue over the bathroom window. The height of the flue is well within regulations....
6
6

Cheap SDS "breakers"
I'm thinking about getting one for occasional use. Screwfix have an el chea po 1700W "Titan" at around £150. Reviews are plentiful and positive (a lthough confined to a short period after purchase)....
1
1

battery barns
Anyone know anything about these new "battery barns" that the subsidy farming companies are trying to set up? The idea is to charge them from the grid at certain times and then release it back when...
57
57

UPVC door.
I have an outside door to the roof terrace here. A fairly recent one - perhaps 30 years old. Just a basic wood frame with a single full sized double glazed plain glass panel. The door opens inwards...
16
16

Lodging a complaint after planning permission granted and work completed
A relative has recently completed a house extension, done with full planning permission and no deviation from the approved plans. Her immediate neighbours, who were consulted throughout and who...
19
19