yellowing washing machine case

I have a 3 year old Ariston washer dryer machine and the metal casing of it has turned slightly yellowy. The plastic trim parts are all bright white so the difference in colour really stands out! I have tried to clean the machine using standard 'spray' kitchen cleaners which has had no effect at all in removing the yellow tinge. I therefore have two questions! 1, is there any product that i should be looking at that would successfully clean the machine, or 2, would it be possible/advisable to spraypaint the machine back to white?? Any other solutions would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Reply to
GMC

Car polish? T Cut?

Reply to
John

  1. Angle grinder, of course.
Reply to
Frank Erskine

T-cut might work if it's just the outer layer of paint that has discoloured. That would be my first solution as well.

Reply to
Mr Benn

But would you polish it afterwards?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This used to be a problem with white plastic kitchen things like kettles etc turning yellow but I thought they had sorted that ...I've not heard of metal doing it . I'd try T-Cut as someone else suggested...probably first on a part that's out of the way . .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Paint it with chalkboard paint :)

Reply to
mogga

Would perhaps be interesting to write to Ariston and complain? Did they have a dodgy batch of paint or something?

Reply to
Adrian C

No, not needed.

Reply to
Mr Benn

Pamper it with conditioner ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I wouldn't be bothered about the yellowing in the first place, at least not the extent of wanting to do something about it. I might have a winge at Ariston but wouldn't expect much response, I doubt it affects its real job of washing clothes...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will try in the following order... T-Cut, Writing to Ariston, Angle Grinder...

Oh, maybe a squirt of wd-40 would also be worth a try :)

Reply to
GMC

Apparently this works on plastic. I don't know if it would for enamel

Owain

Look for the T-Cut that is white (they do a range of colours)

John