xpelair XRH override operation

The xpelair XRH remote humidistat is I believe fairly popular. Does anyone know now the override pullswitch works? The datasheet I got from TLC website does not include this information. Does pulling the switch just reverse the current settings, i.e. if it is on then override switches it off, and vice versa ? Also does anyone know if you can connect an external pullswitch instead of the built-in one ? Obviously one could arrange override switching externally to this unit, but it would be a pain.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In message , sm_jamieson writes

I don't have one, but that's not what I would expect. I would expect it just to turn on the fan if it isn't on.

I'd imagine so, to do what turn the on and off manually?

In the old house, I fitted a humidistat (Manrose, no overide switch). I also fitted a pull switch so that I could turn it on manually.

IIRC, I fed the fan via fan isolator switch, with an extra live via the switch which just bypassed the humidistat.

If I wanted to switch of the fan for some reason I just used the isolator (outside the bathroom, above the doorway I think)

Reply to
Chris French