Xpelair Kitchen Fan

I am having a new double glazed kitchen window fitted.

The company will fit a fan which I supply - it will not be connected up to electricity supply.

I am thinking of an Xpelair GX6 Axial.

Does anyone have any feedback on such a device.

The other point is :

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

I would obviously fasten cable back to wall and make neat job of it.

Reply to
andy hill

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:15:41 +0100 someone who may be andy hill wrote this:-

A clock connector is neater . You can then fit a switch in a suitable position.

Reply to
David Hansen

There's no problem at all. That's what I did in fact, just fitted it with a plug. I skipped the "neat" bit though. However there's no mention of fitting it with a plug in the leaflet that came with it for some reason. But then all it is after all, is just another appliance at the end of a lead. To use the technical term.

michael adams

michael adams

Yes agree - BUT won't that need part P certifying or whatever correct terminology is.

Reply to
andy hill

only if you want it to...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Is the fan a pull cord operated type? If not then just stick a plug on it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We put a wall mounted version in about a year ago and it's been fine. and reasonably quiet. Build quality seems OK too.

Reply to
Mike Clarke