WTD: Old Screwfix catalogue

Hi

Does anyone have last years Screfix catalogue (issue 77 I think). The new one has just come out.

If anyone has one I would be most greatful.

Please email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (temp email address) & I will send a SAE for the catalogue.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Bargains

Oh no! if you'd only asked 6 months ago.. They are now on Vol 78 Summer

2005. I tnink thats the 3rd this year
Reply to
OldBill

Hi

Its probably not next years I want then. I want the last one issue 77.

Cheers

Reply to
Bargains

Hi Ian ,

I've got a copy (actually it's 77F but it's no different from 77). You're more than welcome to have it (feels like I've got 'em coming out of my ears). Will drop you a mail.

Phil

Reply to
funroll

naw, as I said if only you asked in Feb when we all chucked out the old SF cats from 2004. Even I, who hords loads, don't have that. Whats up? they screw you on old order?

Reply to
OldBill

I've still got an Iss. 76 Autumn 2004 if that's any good

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Thats great.

I need back volumes for the last 12 months.

Please email me snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Bargains

You guessed it & some of the stuff isnt in their current catalogue.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Bargains

Bad move Ian, your email add has most likely been harvested by every spam bot around.

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

Wow - are they collector's items ? I've got a 77F if you want it.

Reply to
Mike

Unlikely. The vast majority of bots just read the headers, it's several dozen times faster. snipped-for-privacy@mauve.plus.com as a test.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

The email address I gave was one I created just for this posting. (my original posting says its a temp address)

When I first started posting to newsgroups a few years ago I always gave a dummy email address in the header..

But once after I had just changed my ISP I sent a message to a newsgroup & as soon as I had hit 'Enter' I realised I hadn't changed my settings.

I still have that email address but can't use it because it gets hit by hundreds of spam a day.

I was expecting to get hit by spam on the above address.

And they haven't failed me. I'm already receiving spam within hours.

So the bots in this case have pulled the address from the message.

I will be binning the address when this thread has finished.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Bargains

I just found issue 72 if that helps Jim

Reply to
pinehouseUK

newsgroup &

Fair enough, but some News Servers require a 'live' email addy.

I use Mailwasher* to pre-process my emails, so I'm not particularly inconvenienced by NG spam trawlers.

Owen

*other antispam solutions exist.
Reply to
OG

How well does you mailwasher work

I use mailwasher & still get 10 - 20 a day slip thru the net

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Bargains

Which also contain the address. I've never had an email to a body address. (and indeed have not this time)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Try some of my filters -

- my mailwasher page is linked about halfway down, just below the "newsflash" - if you have a plain text editor that is capable of leaving word-wrap off you can simply copy and paste them to your existing filters.

If you want a far more aggressive set of IP addresses to include in the net block range let me know - i`m up to about 41 seperate lines of "net block" filters now, rather than the 5 in the link above...

In my case, the "isp block 5" seems to trap the majority (30%+), but YMMV (contains ".mail.ukl.yahoo.com" in the header, amongst others)

Its getting harder to pick out the true spam now due to the way spammers are using compromised machines, which meant I had to manually tag 88 spam mails for deletion out of 2526 out of the last 10 days.

(2390 spam, 48 friendly, and the 88 "unclassified" as above)

Incidentally, my spam levels have plummetted over the last 12 months - I used to receive 550-580 per day from 5 email addresses)

My blacklist (if its of use) has remained unchanged for about 12 months now, and includes many domain extensions like .ar .us .biz - it can be found at the end of my "quirks" text that relates to the early betas - I think it runs to about 80 lines.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

capabilities, but DO use the "origin of spam" (SpamCop / ORDB / VISI) options.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I'll get me coat....

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

SAE

Thanks for the offer Mike but I'm now OK for issue 77.

Many thanks though cheers

Ian

Reply to
Bargains