Wrecked saw blade, heads up.

It may be common knowledge but it is news to me, if you are cutting at

45 degrees vertically with a sliding mitre saw there may be a bit of the guide that needs loosening up and sliding out of the way of the blade's path.

Every day is a school day/RTFM.

Reply to
R D S

I used a clamp to hold the wood and I cut the clamp in half.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

On the heads up from someone here I bought a 305 mm blade Makita sliding saw. Not cheap even on that special offer. But simply one of the best tools I've ever bought. If only it had an auto power down for the laser guide... ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes, part of the guide on my saw is removable for that very purpose.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I bought a s/h Makita LS1214 SCMS, and that has a flip up bit of fence (you can just about see the pivot point at the bottom of the photo).

You can also see a lump out of the fence where the previous owner had not worked out why that bit of fence can flip up :-)

At least on the Makita the fence is cast Ali, so a carbide blade will cut that with no difficulty!

Reply to
John Rumm

Do you mean 'fence' rather than guide?

Reply to