worlds cheapest condensing boiler ?

They are cheap. None are nasty.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

good luck with your issues

[plonk]
Reply to
news

Good you got no change from me. Cowboys.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

biasi, heatline, ravenheat, Wickes, B&Q, (s/fix no longer does one). Maybe Halstead too.

The Vokera Synesi 25 was around 500+VAT on uselessenergy. However that site doesn't have the really low end kit.

If you are looking for a plain heating boiler then carefully work out the lowest power you can get away with. One or two manufacturers have a really crazy pricing structure where the low power model are much cheaper. It's like the electric shower prices and just as irrational.

The 9kW Potterton Suprima 30HE plain heating boiler is 300+VAT Blimey that's not much more than they charge for the replacement PCB. You add £5 for each 3kW added up to 18kW. I suspect that it really is the same boiler with a slightly different jet and maybe burner in each model.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

thanks ED I'll check them out

Reply to
news

Don't buy the Suprima. One of the worst dogs in the world.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well TBH that'd their hard luck isn't it. Unless you said it was ok and it wasn't then that is their problem for not checking it out. You buy a house 'as is'

however.....

That's what I would probably do in this situation.

Reply to
chris French

B&Q are generally the cheapest as they have huge purchasing power (Far more than a plumbers merchant). It's all down to economies of scale.

(Check out ebay. Companies are buying boilers from B&Q and re-selling on ebay for profit!)

Look out for European manufactured boilers. The strength of the pound makes them exceptional value for money and they are generally well engineered.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

The Biasi one in B&Q.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

BIASI are v good cheap and reliable boiler.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

is what brother in law recons. just wondered if there was anywhere else cheaper.

worth a try.

Reply to
news

Couldn't you just have said this at the start of the thread?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only in non-condensing models.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I haven't seen anywhere...howvere, I'd give "Mr Central Heating" a call and see what they can offer as they sometimes have good deals:

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

thanks for that. I'll email them last as they do seem cheap. ya never know.

Reply to
news

So what?

Read the requirements...

Reply to
John Rumm

Also don't underestimate the independant local suppliers. I found the local shop in our village was actually about 15% cheaper than the best deal I could find online at the time I was ordering my boiler.

Reply to
John Rumm

You obviously encourage dogs, which is appalling.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've done the two traditionally cheapest locals. nowhere near B&Qs price. they know me and my brother in law, they just can't price match to that extent

Reply to
news

Careful checking of many of the ebay offers reveal that the boilers have lost their packaging, often the flue kit is missing and crucially the paperwork.

Reply to
Ed Sirett