Woohoo - basin works, bog ready!

An expedition into the art of presentationally adequate chrome:

took 9 hours... And the valves were previously made ready just under the bath. Not going to get much works as a plumber, me.

Only 3 weepy joints - few drops in 2 hours sort of thing. Another 1/8 turn sorted them out (I hope!). If not, the cack in the water will...

And the bog...

These are nice:

is adequate, don't really see it anyway:

this is rather crap:

be fair, it's a hell of a hole to fill and it looks less bad by room light. and a bit of the crap will peel off the pipe tomorrow. But I'm tempted to either skim it again or find a little split collar for it :(

Reply to
Tim Watts

Wow, that's a compact bathroom!

On the AAV, I was once involved with a block of HA flats that had similarly boxed-in AAVs. After a load of trouble with them, it turned out that their boxings-in were sealed too well. Although they had gaps provided as a vent, it was much smaller than the pipe area. Something to watch for.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Looking good.

But promise not to show any before and after shots of any floaters

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Andy Dingley wibbled on Wednesday 11 August 2010 10:14

Yep. 3m2 exactly. Being an "L" helps - there's a good solid space in the middle to "circulate" in. The bog's in an alcove, the basins is in an inset and the bath in in another alcove. I find it most comfortable and being islanded, it's not cold in winter.

Because we wanted to knock the hall straight through, we had to remove the old bathroom at the end (it was a pain anyway - 3 internal doors straight onto each other) so the old little kitchen got chopped in half for a bedroom and bathroom.

The hall is hugely improved (especially if we slap a conservatory round back on the end, which I've made sure the new drains have all joints and pits clear of the footprint), the bathroom really works and the bedroom is rather the short straw. It's very small and very weird. But it will do for our daughter for now.

If she whines later, then we have the option to partition upstairs and use this as a study (which it would be ideal for).

Oddly enough the old bathroom was bigger (1.8m square) but nothing quite fitted so you had this long thin corridor between the bath and the basin and bog. Horrible.

Yes - that thought occurred to me. The lid is loose lay - if it sucks so to speak I'll put some spacers in so there's a gap round under the lid.

Reply to
Tim Watts