wooden toilet seat

Has anyone any recommendations for a budget one? I'm looking for one with the hinge pin running through the whole hinge as I find the ones with two individual posts, which seem most common, are hard to fix securely.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I simply cough up the 45 quid or so and get a decent one.

No continuous hinge pin, but they work well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My recommendation is not to buy budget toilet seats

B & Q do some and some are actually wood rather than veneered MDF I would recommend not buying from them

Tony

Reply to
TMC

You can get better/cheaper elsewhere. Solid that is.

Forget who makes ours..Ah. One has a plate on 'Roper Rhodes'

details. Sub 40 quid for a real solid wood one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Also worth investing in a piece of high quality stainless threaded rod to make new less corrodible mounting screws with - so you don't have to hacksaw the next time...

spamlet

Or just piss straighter...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher