Wooden floor sanding - sealer before varnish

I have sanded the floors of three flats over the last couple of years, and it is very soon the time to do another one.

I have always used Ronseal Diamond Hard (satin), and the results have always been great. However, considering the price of the varnish - ~£35 for a 2.5L tin, I have always used a floor sealer 1st which saved on at least one if not 2 coats of varnish at a fraction of the price. I used the Screwfix one with a runny-honey consistency.

Unfortunately they seem to have stopped stocking it now. Any idea who does them at a reasonable price? I am looking to cover around 30m2.

TIA.

Reply to
JoeJoe

The "Diamond hard" stuff makes the whole job work out more than a decent carpet.

Can you just thin it down a bit, what does it say on the can ?

I found a specalist website for paints & varnishes, but have lost the link, maybe google will help.

Rick

Reply to
Rick