Wood Glue

Tell that to a diabetic. Or, I guess, to someone who is hypothyroid.

Reply to
Bob Eager

As will lots of things that are not cures - water, f'rinstance. It's all in the dosage.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That's because they didn't know any better.

Oh, was it? If you believe or ever believed that you are just a mug and I have some bridges to sell you.

Reply to
Tim Streater

This is so.

Depends on the person what the side effects are. I have a bad penicillin allergy, others are unaffected.

This, on the other hand, is cobblers. "Intended" is meaningless, as the human body consists only of chemicals. And to say "incidental" is just stupid; it's gonna be anyone's main reason for taking the pills in question.

Reply to
Tim Streater

OK to close this off ... decided to cut joints by hand - chisel & scrape to good fit, then glue up using West System Epoxy .... forgot I had 1/2 Litre of that from some bonding work on my boat.

Interesting unlike almost all other glues ... you must NOT clamp up Epoxy joints tightly ... or glue goes too thin and joint is weak.

So joints are cut 450mm long stopped Scarf items ...will glue them up Sat morning, let them cure for 34Hrs ... then glue in the dowels.

Process will be cross abrade joint face, mix up epoxy, paint both faces of joint - leave for a few minutes to soak into grain, then mix 20% (by volume) of microfibres into the epoxy, coat faces well, align wood and lightly clamp, allowing a little squeeze of excess out but a good 'bed' of adhesive.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Interestingly enough there are significant numbers of hypothyroid people who are very upset at the fact that the synthetic hormone is in the form of its sodium salt. (I suspect that gets changed in the stomach.) Some use that as an explanation as to why porcine desiccated thyroid seems better for them.

Whatever the story, by the time it is going round the blood stream the T4 is indistinguishable from that produced in the person's thyroid, in a pig or in a chemistry lab.

Insulin, I believe (but please correct me if I am wrong) varies significantly between species - so the various products are indeed not intended for the human body even if they are reasonably effective.

Reply to
polygonum