wood-block over underfloor heating

Have moved into a 1960s flat with electric under-floor heating. Lifting the carpets reveals brittle, broken plastic tiles on a concrete floor. I'd like to replace the carpet with wood-block (not laminate) if feasible. Any advice please regarding the relative thermal insulation of various covering materials, and danger of the wood-block distorting due to the varying heat from below?

With thanks

Jim

Reply to
jcgarfath

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Jim,

In flats there may be restrictions on changing over from carpet to any hard surface flooring because of the noise.

Reply to
Rod

We have installed (expensive) engineered wood plank flooring over (new) electric underfloor heating. So far so good!

Pen

Reply to
pen