Wired intruder alarms and panic buttons

HELP!! please.

I have just about installed a texecom alarm but the panic buttons did not come with instructions on what wires go where????

The whole thing has been quite easy for me being a first time electrician!! the installation guide was really good apart from this panic button problem!

any help would be great!!

cheers

Reply to
antz

On 10 Jul 2004 07:05:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk (antz) strung together this:

I assume you mean on the button itself. The two zone wires need to go to either side of the glass tube and the two tamper wires should be twisted together and connected to a spare terminal. At the panel end connect them up to either the panic terminals or connect them to zone 8s terminals and set zone 8 to panic, depending which panel you have.

Reply to
Lurch

Cheers thats helped me loads!

Do you know anything about the global tamper system?

I have linked in the tamper wires into a set of blocks in series then put one wire a blue and yellow to the tamer terminals on the main box. i still seem to have a problem. should i take the panic tamper wires out of this series and wire them straight to the tamper terminals? could this be causing the problem? also having problems getting power to one of the keypads? this might be wrongly labeld wires so i will have a look again at this tomorrow. could i get a voltmeter on the job and work out what wires are what?? Not too clever at all the electric stuff. its nearly there though!

Reply to
antz

On 10 Jul 2004 13:09:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk (antz) strung together this:

What problem? I assume you mean its showing open circuit\tamper fault. Although, depending on what else it is\isn't doing it could be alsmost anything. (As I'ver found out in the past)

No, all the tamper wiring should be wired from one of the tamper terminals on the panel, then in series with 2 cores of all the cables, (the other ends of which are connected to either the devices tamper terminals or a spare terminal), and then finally back to the other terminal in the panel. You can disconnect them one by one and work out which is causing the problem then fix the fault and reconnect.

Yes, best bet is power down the system and check for continuity by shorting out a pair of wires, (+ve and a tamper wire for instance), then testing at the other end. When you've worked out whats what, reconnect it all. If you've got cables mixed up it could be this thats causing the tamper fault.

Hmm, if only you'd said that to yourself before starting!

Reply to
Lurch

One thing: Don't put the panic button by the front door which is where most of them get stuck. If someone's just barged their way into your house, pushing you backwards, consider where you can and can't reach....

Reply to
Scott M