Windmill Failure

It's not easy being green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
FZtmlHwcA
On 25/02/2008 20:15, Vortex3 wrote:

DKUATB, see "dynamo dave" thread

You are 3 days too late.
Adam
ARWadworth wrote:

Never mind. It all bears repeating.
If it had been a microcurie of leaked radiation from a used condom discarded by a nuclear power worker, we would never hear the end of it would we?
But simnce its a windmill, that actually might have killed someone, "<shrug>: must have been poor maintenace innit?" 'Oh well, that's all right then. No need to impose rigorous safety standards and proper accountability and checks, and a fund for people killed by exploding windmills then' Nor even to add to the cost of offshore farms the boats and men who will have to risk their lives making sure the ones in the middle of the north sea are not 'poorly maintained' etc etc.

That isn't going to be a problem.. one good storm and there won't be any windmills. At least we still have generating capacity to run without them ATM.
Anyone know the story behnd that?
I'd guess that the controls to feather the blades in high winds had failed and the blades bent until they wellied into the tower?
Since they were filming it, I suppose they knew it was going to happen.
On 25/02/2008 22:57, Onetap wrote:

See the other thread for two links to Danish coverage of it

Just think. The greeny firewall will be blocking this now like the Danish cartoons.

I still wet myself laughing.