Win10 latest update

My Win10 laptop announced this morning it was installing a new update, so I let it get on with it. It seemed it was not that large an update, for several minutes later it rebooted, then announced it couldn't load my personal settings - then just stopped with a black screen, with the announcement in the top corner. I eventually forced a reboot, same result, then the same again. At the fourth attempted reboot, it all loaded up as normal, as if nothing untoward had happened.

I then ran a virus check and a HDD health check, no problems reported. Anyone else had a problem?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

A recent small update caused no problems here.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

There was a known problem with one of the recent (ish) updates that caused some people to have issues similar to those you describe.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not just win 10, a couple of weeks ago a windows 7 update stopped my machine from getting past a bios message. I had to get a sighted person in to go into bios and change the boot settings to a fixed option to get it back. I'm suspicious that they did not test the system with enough settings before they put it out. A friend had more troubles and it booted part way and then give up in win10, and when he tried to roll back it reported an error and suggested a windows reinstall was the only way out.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Windows anything in my view. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I put win 10 on an 8.1 laqptop and none of my streaming stuff worked so I tried to roll it back and same problem, I had to reinstall 8.1 from scratch.

Reply to
FMurtz

I loved the update that gave you 10 minutes of black screen when you logged on before you could use it ......progress my arse

Reply to
RETRO HAM

not

Reply to