Painting Problem

I'm at a loss! I've just repainted the garage side door and the paint hasn't covered correctly - particularly on the plywood panel.

The old paint was burnt off - the door sanded down and then imperfections filled. Re-sanded and then two coats of primer/undercoat applied. Finally the top coat was applied.

There are areas where the paint has not covered the undercoat correctly. It looks as if the pigment has not covered even though the liquid has. It looks ok when first applied but within a short time the undercoat can be seen again.

Any suggestions!

Thanks

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Old paint, not stirred well enough, stored somewhere where it could freeze, needs a second coat?

Reply to
nothanks

Whatever you do don't give us any clues what type of paint you used, or any other relevant info.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

A better paint. Sounds like its not very good at mixing its base and its colour. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff