Win10 and a KVM switch.

When the PC wakes from sleep it'll rescan the monitors, because you might have unplugged something while it was sleeping. It looks like the KVM keeps telling the PC there is a monitor connected even when you switch away from that input (as it should, to avoid unnecessary window rearrangement) while the PC is running, but when the PC awakens it does a full rescan and decides it can't make sense of what's attached and so falls back to classic VGA.

Sounds like a similar problem.

You might also be able to force the PC to output a specific resolution irrespective of what the monitor/KVM says. It's a bit like installing a Monitor Definition File on your Acorn. I've done that on Macs and Linux but I'm not familiar with how Windows does it. There's probably an app for that.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Does this not mean you have several mice and several keyboards for one monitor?

Reply to
No Name

No.....got a common logitech unifying receiver for the wireless keyboard and mouse.

Reply to
jon

Well, my use case involves one desktop PC and one laptop that I like to use with a monitor as a second screen... so yes, there are indeed two keyboards, one mouse, and one touchpad in total. *shrug*

Reply to
David

Then it would work on both computers at the same time with no KVM switch. Fine if you only ever have one switched on at a time.

That wouldn't work here, as the old Acorn prints via the PC. And shares other functions too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Some of the logitech mice/keyboards have a button that switches them between up to 3 paired unifying or bluetooth receivers

Reply to
Andy Burns

Right. So you switch the mouse. Then the keyboard. Then the monitor. Then the audio. Think I'll stick to my KVM switch. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Aten KVMs are usually considered to be fairly decent kit (with prices to match), so you would expect them to get it right.

Reply to
John Rumm