Will these flexible tails connect to 15mm Plastic pipe?

Got the low pressure tap on order.

hope the connections can be made to 15mm plastic pipe, or else I'll be ripping out tiled trunking.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Yup, it looks like the flexi tails terminate in a female 1/2" BSP threaded coupling.

Normally I would stick a full bore compression service valve on the end of your pipe[1], take off the other nut and ditch the olive, and then screw the tail directly onto the valve. The flexi has a rubber washer in it to make the seal.

[1] Remember to use the right inserts on the plastic pipe when using compression fittings.

Not the most useful photo, but you can just see a flexi fixed onto a service valve in the way described here:

John Rumm

Just the sort of detailed advice I needed, thanks. I would never have thought of the plastic pipe inserts myself.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack