Wiki offline

ok fair enough...

Wikipedia itself runs on software called Mediawiki.

And that is one of a number of free open source wiki software platforms.

It's the one that we use for the wiki bit of the DIY FAQ. Normally at wiki.diyfaq.org.uk, but currently you can see some of it on the wayback machine:

Over recent years, all new FAQ content has gone onto the wiki, and some of the old traditional static web based content has moved to it as well.

Links to content hosted on it are posted here frequently - so it's likely you may have used it perhaps without even realising it.

The main advantage is that it supports multiple users and editors. So anyone can upload new stuff, or make corrections or additions to existing stuff. You don't have to wait for the FAQ maintainer to pull his finger out to make changes!

Editing it requires no web based coding knowledge - so if you see a typo, you click "edit" and fix it, then save the result. You can also look at the history or any page and see all previous revisions and what changed between them. You can use it to host images and then post links here.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yeah, I've been getting into 'selfhosting' recently, via Docker & Docker-compose. I am now self-hosting a couple of wikis, kanban board, nextCloud, bookmarks app, git server, all on the local network.

Backup? What's that? ;-o

J^n

Reply to
jkn

I'm using MoinMoin as I was already familiar with it. Once again, the markup is simple.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm probably going to do another one. It's running here in a jail.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Hi Bob BSD man IIRC? ;-)

Reply to
jkn

In case you weren't joking, have a look at urbackup. That runs really well on docker via docker-compose.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I have now. The filedate is yesterday when I changed parameters, and it has permissions for all. There is no "64" in there, and the only thing that might be relevant is under heading [Language1], which includes EmailMimeHeaders=1 UsenetMimeHeaders=0 UsenetEncoding=3 EmailEncoding=2 but I can't see anything defining "3" and "2".

There is also a paragraph [Mime] UnicodeUTF7Charsets="utf-7,unicode-1-1-utf-7" UnicodeUTF8Charsets="utf-8,unicode-1-1-utf-8"

Reply to
Dave W

Hi Adrian I was 'half-joking' - I have a somewhat ad hoc backup regime but am conscious that all of this recent stuff makes a proper backup setup more vital. I'll take a look at urbackup, thanks.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Dave W snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Have a play, '0' usually means off, disabled or default which is supported by:

UsenetMimeHeaders=0

Similarly UsenetEncoding=3 implies some form of encoding but you want plain text unencoded so backup the ini file and edit:

UsenetEncoding=3

UsenetEncoding=0

Failing that try 1 or 2 to check the results in headers.

I don't think anyone here will object to you continuing to test post here.

Reply to
Peter Burke

Since about 1977...

Reply to
Bob Eager

<snipped>

On the basis that you are still looking for a solution you might find something at:

I'm using Free Agent, I've lost track of whether you've got Free Agent or Agent (surely the latter).

Reply to
AnthonyL