Wiki: Fan cooling

Outdoor RH is variable here, and usually enough below 100% to get a little cooling

the humidified air simply blows away outdoors, its not really an issue. Coolth is harvested from the body of water left behind.

this is immaterial because we dont bring the damp air in.

wrong conclusion due to wrong setup in mind. You dont get much, but added to a system like the fanned method it makes a useful additional contribution.

its just one more incarnation of evaporative cooling

NT

Reply to
meow2222

,

You misunderstand - that's exactly the situation in the calculations. I'm assuming the evaporated vater vapour is released outdoors.

And I haven't done so above.

Actually, it's exactly your setup, if you follow the calculation.

Actually, near as damn it, nothing.

It doesn't.

A fan pointing at you will work best of all, in the absence of real aircon.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

So true, I have a portable air-conditioner in my room, I used to set the temperature to 18C-it was cool and comfortable and I never used to sweat, now I set it at 23C, it is a little bit warmer but it is still bearable and comfortable whilst the other rooms which are at 23C are not comfortable because they are very humid. Excuse me if I seem dumb but this is what I have found out myself as a 14 year old.

Reply to
David

Yes, that makes sense. Only in very dry atmospheres would you get sufficiently rapid evaporation. The temperature falls he talked about did seem high, but he did seem to know what he was about. Pity that. Seemed like a good solution.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

I want one of those sleep gas pens, then!

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I don't have that much of a problem

Aha - now you're talking

Reply to
geoff

But I'd be advertising to people who already know me :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Fill em with water, it seeps through the pottery and evaporates from the outside surface. In so doing consumes the latent heat of vaporisation required from the pot and thus reduces its temperature - the water in it and any cans floating in it.

Reply to
John Rumm

put bottles in wet socks and hang them out of the car window.

I used to see every bakkie in S Africa equipped with these..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are spot on. In winter I need to have rooms at 21C before its T-shirt time..in summer I am happy at 18 degrees.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In UK summer, if the air is reasonably dry, you get the best cooling under tree canopies. Natures air conditioners.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher