Wifi Projector

Sat through loads where the presenter hasn't had a clue about keystone correction,

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Why not get a short/ultra short throw projector? They can have a throw of 400mm or less. You can then route the cables around the edges of the room.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

You can get bluetooth projectors which might be simpler. E.g.:

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

You probably want to be looking for a projector that does WiFi Direct AKA Wi-Fi P2P which is the wireless equivalent of an Ethernet crossover cable.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Aha! I probably do.

Thank you, Alan

Reply to
pinnerite

I'm on the committee of our local memorial hall. We invested in a large wall mounted monitor for our meetings and for user groups/hirers to use. It's resulted in more income from additional hiring. Maybe if you're a regular group your landlords would consider something similar.

Reply to
Cynic

Cynic snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I use a place that has monitors - and a big screen and very expensife projector. The colours and contrast is always better on the monitors. (accept not as portable)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I have to use a projector/interactive whiteboard sometimes and its big disadvantage is lack of brightness in daylight, which makes teaching difficult when learners can't read what they're supposed to be writing.

However, a projector is easier to lock away when not in use, or otherwise protect from flying missiles, depending on what else the hall is used for.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The annoying thing about the big monitors is that you can't walk around (as I like to do, especially in a larger room) and point at the screen with a laser pointer! Doesn't work on those screens.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I like the idea but have no idea o the range of bluetooth, never having used it. The laptop would need a bluetooth adapter of course.

Reply to
pinnerite

At work we use a system that has a large monitor (40" plus) with a PC attached (very small box behind) and a dongle that plugs into a laptop USB. Works well in the controlled environment of work but the dongle would disappear in a semi-public place. Units are available that wi-fi direct to the monitor. That needed a driver (could be downloaded) and worked OK, the dongle system is more popular because its easier to transfer control to individual laptops -- you just unplug the dongle and plug it into the next laptop.

Reply to
Kellerman