Mounting a projector screen

I recently bought a 3mtr wide projector screen and am just starting to look at how to mount it and provide adequate support (it weights a lot!).

It looks like normally this would be attached to either a ceiling joist or a solid wall. Unfortunately this isn't an option for the location - there is decorative plaster moulding on the ceiling, and it's going above a window with a kind of wooden facade, so no solid wall.

I'm thinking of running a piece of 5x2 timber across the width of the room and using a joist hanger each end.

The only problem is that it's a partition wall on one side. If I found an upright joist to screw into within the partition wall, would that provide enough support for the whole thing?

I have no idea if the uprights would bear the weight ok.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Oli

Reply to
Oli