Kodak 760H Slide Projector

I found 19 carousels of slides in my dad's belongings after he passed away. They go back to the '70s, '80s, '90s, and 2000s. Most of the carousels are 140 slide capacity, completely filled. I wanted to view them.

I've got a Kodak 760H Autofocus Slide Projector that I haven't used for decades. I used to take a lot of slides when they were in vogue in the '70s and '80s.

I pulled out the projector and went through three of my dad's carousels. All was working well, including the manual forward and backward manual buttons on the side of the projector, as well as the DIN type plug in remote.

The next morning I put on another carousel, but it wouldn't display a slide or go forward or backward. I discovered there were two slides stuck in the gate. I removed the carousel, and got the stuck slides out and tried again. This time, the carousel wouldn't advance or go backward, either with the manual buttons or the remote buttons. There is not even a sound as if the thing is trying to advance. Crap.

I have found repair manuals online for some of the Kodak projectors, but not for this one. What I have read is that there is a solenoid that can be adjusted to change the range of movement, but, since I haar no noise at all, it may be that the solenoid is dead. I can also see a diagram that shows the mechanical arm that moves the carousel back and forward, but I can't separate the bottom case from the top case. I have no instructions for this model, and there are only two screws on the botton case, but removing them isn't enough.

Anyone know this model, or have any ideas what oculd be the problem? I'd love to see these slides.

TIA

Reply to
Boris

There is a LOT on the web about this projector: Found these in 15 seconds:

Section 3.1 describes how to get the bottom off.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Paul in Houston TX wrote in news:of0a17$kps$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Many thanks, Paul in Houston. Looks like I should have added 'repair' to Kodak 760h projector in my search.

Reply to
Boris

There are some nylon parts inside these machines that crumble and turn to dust with age.

There is a guy on eBay that will sell you these parts along with detailed instructions on how to fix them. I ordered parts for two machines and rebuild them. This was probably five years ago, and it all worked out pretty well. As I recall, the solenoid advance was pretty easy. There was a worm drive for the autofocus in one that was a bitch.

Do a search over on eBay to see if the guy is still alive.

Reply to
Dallas